District Office Operations
Align with industry standard protocols and practices to maintain efficient, intuitive, well-paced, compliant, and fiscally responsible management of District operations.
How will we measure progress? (Key Performance Indicators)
- Increase performance indicators through Orgametrics alignment scores.
- Maintain healthy fund balances at least three years into the future.
Optimize use of resources to support student development and ensure robust long-term plans for physical and financial capacity through prudent stewardship of resources.
- Develop a Comprehensive Facility Master Plan approach for future projects.
- Prioritize Measure Z school facilities bond projects.
- Prepare and publish a “Principals’ Handbook for Business Services Departments.”
- Convene a Finance Advisory Committee, consisting of community members, as well as certificated, classified, and management staff.
Engender trust with the community through frequent, clear, transparent, and varied communication.
- Refresh District, schools, and intranet websites.
- Launch single sign-on for parents.
- Complete our Let’s Talk! implementation.
- Hold a "State of the District" address.
- Design and establish training materials for major messaging platforms.
Attract, develop, and retain best-in-class talent.
- Reorganize and align senior and middle management.
- Host PAUSD recruitment events.
- Explore the adoption/creation of evaluation systems that establish high expectations, evidence-based feedback, and growth opportunities (including coaching) for all staff members.
- Establish and monitor integrated position control system.
- Revise and streamline processes for onboarding new employees.
- Secure commitments for future employee housing options.
Identify impactful metrics, measure outcomes, and interpret data to inform decisions aligned with priority items.
- Create a calendar for annual data reporting to the Board and sites.
- Conduct qualitative data collection and analysis to support key strategies in this plan.
- Establish evaluation practices and monitor District initiatives.
- Identify a new vendor and launch a data dashboard system for staff.
- Create a public version of the data dashboard.
Innovation & Agility
Assemble flexible teams to innovate and pilot ideas at the levels closest to our students.
- Assess needs and build systematic support for staff innovation that allows creative ideas to be implemented.
- Collect early feedback from flexible teams, adapting as needed, and institute systematic support for staff innovation using an Agile/Scrum structure.
- Develop structure to improve operations and increase the value added by identifying criteria and strategies for adapting Agile/Scrum methodology on a large scale.
Foster and grow internal leadership capacity from every position to broaden decision-making base and share ownership of priority goals.
- Determine PAUSD alignment to established goals.
- Create Superintendent’s Student Advisory Council at high school level.
- Create Superintendent’s Staff Advisory Council.
- Establish and facilitate Leadership Institute for staff members.
Purposefully identify and develop high-potential transformational leaders to guide the future of PAUSD.
- Create regular capacity-building opportunities for assistant principals.
- Create Principal’s Academy.
- Create an internal administrative Tier 2 program.
- Develop apprenticeships for aspiring management.